Issues:MP4 Audio or Video not Appearing
Problem: MP4 files generally bork (no audio or video, file shows 00:00 time and does not play, etc ad nauseum)
Solution: In 99% of all cases, this is caused by Nero's MP4 splitter (NDparser.ax) interfering. Most users have a working version of it, and then you usually never notice it since it just works (you won't get Haali's tray icon though). However, for some, seemingly random, users it's broken and doesn't provide either video or audio output. The solution to this problem is to unregister it, after verifying that it is indeed the culprit. This is most easily done using the CCCP Insurgent.
- Start CCCPI.
- Go to Tools -> Test render... and open one of the MP4's you're having trouble with.
- In the dialogue box that pops up, look for the filename and path of the MP4 you're trying to play. It might look something like this:
Filter 2: D:\CCCP testfiles\Ergo_Proxy_00_Sneak_Preview_Vol1.mp4 Filename: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NDParser.ax
If the filename at the "Filename" heading is NDParser.ax, like in the example above, then you have Nero's MP4 splitter interfering.
If not, you should NOT proceed with the following steps - you should instead ask on the forums or in #cccp for advice. For example, if the name is EmzMp4Source.dll, you have Emuzed's MP4 splitter interfering (bundled with Nokia PC Suite).
- Close the test render window and look in the rightmost column of the Insurgent. Find an entry called "Nero Digital Parser". Make sure that the filename of it is NDParser.ax.
- Click it and then press "Unregister filter".
- Close the CCCPI. Your MP4's should now work.