Revision as of 14:59, 15 June 2007 by Harukalover
- Simplicity, most computers don't require anything in special to decode AVI.
- Compatibility, most video players and editors are designed to support AVI.
- Softsubs support is problematic.
- Multiple audio stream support might be problematic.
- Variable Bit Rate audio might require hacks to work.
- Vorbis audio requires some rather obscure hacks to work.
- Does not support anamorphic videos.
- Does not support chapters.
- Low error recovery.
- Older formats of AVI have problems with B-Frames and have a 2GB filesize limit
- Doesn't support VFR video.