CCCP Project Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: CCCP Alternative MPlayer Build  (Read 231825 times)

Nicholi

• Administrator
CCCP Alternative MPlayer Build
« on: August 30, 2006, 05:14:02 PM »

MPlayer CCCP Style

Not going to bother with mplayer builds anymore, there are others doing much better of keeping up with win32 builds.

My recommendation would be Kovensky-chan.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:11:17 AM by Myrsloik »

emptyeighty

• CCCP Moderator
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:26:36 PM »

Nice work, will use this as my mplayer source of choice from now on :-)
CCCP - Playback the easy way.

Keeper of Demons

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:54:26 AM »

The 5.1 channels are mapped completely wrong for me no matter the type of audio stream. Tested this with Nicholi's revamped 5.1 audio file test. Only the front two speakers are used. Maybe it's something about the kx drivers that mplayer doesn't like.

emptyeighty

• CCCP Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:24:32 AM »

Quote from: "Keeper of Demons"
The 5.1 channels are mapped completely wrong for me no matter the type of audio stream. Tested this with Nicholi's revamped 5.1 audio file test. Only the front two speakers are used. Maybe it's something about the kx drivers that mplayer doesn't like.

Did you use -channels 6 to enable 5.1 sound?
CCCP - Playback the easy way.

check

• Administrator
  • Part 8
    • MeGUI Wiki
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 05:30:48 AM »

libspeex support? cor', that will be less used than the Real Spliter :P
When asking for help, please do the following:
Download the CCCP Insurgent and:
0. Rclick the video in MPC -> list everying shown under 'Filters'
1. Tools > Test Render > "problem file"
2. Tools > Media Information > "problem file"
3. Tools > CRC Check > "problem file"
4. File > Save Log > Paste the output here.

Keeper of Demons

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »

Quote from: "emptyeighty"
Quote from: "Keeper of Demons"

Did you use -channels 6 to enable 5.1 sound?

I'm such a newb !!! Of course I haven't. And indeed, only AC3 has correct mapping. All other formats are one weirder than the other.

AeN0

• CCCP Plankton
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 06:55:03 PM »

Hi !

A while ago, I was compiling MPlayer. I was accustomed to compile it with --enable-static which made a "one-file-player" that I compressed with UPX. It's up to me but I prefer not to have those *.dll looking at me in the folder :lol:.

Just my thought.

Nicholi

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 01:23:41 AM »

Unfortunately, not possible for the libass fontconfig stuff and probably a few others. Unless you possibly know how to get fontconfig and friends to compile with MSYS/MinGW correctly?

AeN0

• CCCP Plankton
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 07:09:21 AM »

Sorry I don't know. (I didn't compile with libass and cie.)

check

• Administrator
  • Part 8
    • MeGUI Wiki
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 09:10:05 AM »

if you are updating this make sure to keep a changelog at least to note there's a new version.
When asking for help, please do the following:
Download the CCCP Insurgent and:
0. Rclick the video in MPC -> list everying shown under 'Filters'
1. Tools > Test Render > "problem file"
2. Tools > Media Information > "problem file"
3. Tools > CRC Check > "problem file"
4. File > Save Log > Paste the output here.

Nicholi

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »

Updated
Problem Fixed: Weird problems with fontconfig mostly fixed. With fontconfig 2.3.95 there were issues with making font caches when mplayer is on the same partition as Windows. This was solved by switching back to fontconfig 2.3.2. However the new problem was that embedded fonts were not properly cached if mplayer was running from a fat32 partition (older fontconfig bug it seems because of FAT file dates). That was solved by using libass itself for caching embedded fonts. This was performed by simply reverting r19346 of mplayer, in which fontconfig was used for embedded font caching for a speedup, however I noted no major speed differences between the two. So NOW, finally afaik mplayer will work with embedded fonts even[/u] on a fat32 partition. And I am assured by my good friend nk215 that the Windows font caching (which is performed by fontconfig) should also work if the partition is fat32. Hopefully all of you are running NTFS though, and you will have zero issues.

A patch for matrixview was noted by sneaky nk215. Uses OpenGL drivers to simulate watching videos through "the matrix". Use -vo matrixview, I also added this info into the man_page.

This build is compiled with liblzo 1.08, instead of lzo2 which I was attempting to force in before. Worked like a charm.

The man_page looks slightly more as it should now.

There are tons of updates in MPlayer since last release. Lots of libass stuff, more support and commandline params, Matroska tracknames supported, lots of other junk.

Also if you got this release within the first few seconds of me posting about it in the IRC channel, I forgot to make the libass revert for caching. Download the package again (though if you run on nothing but NTFS it won't matter).

Nicholi

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 05:03:43 AM »

Updated
Now with even less shared libs. We are down to the bare minimum now. Fontconfig with its two dependencies (expat and freetype) and pthreads. As far as I've learned getting pthreads to link as a static lib with mplayer is impossible, even the mighty celtic_druid can't do it. Switched from CVS LAME to the new 3.97 (will continue to work with stable LAME builds) and also upgraded to libpng 1.2.12. Libogg and libvorbis have barely been touched, though libspeex has been making large leaps and bounds. Out of seemingly nowhere libdts got quite a few revision updates. Otherwise none of the other libs likely have any real changes.

All major changes involve MPlayer code itself, as usual. This release build coincides with the 1.0RC1 announcement. So it should contain all RC1 improvements which are: more better libass, faster Vorbis decoding, faster H.264 decoding, and instant gratification. I also made a few changes to the default config file as per sekret intelligence gained through nk215. libass is no longer turned on by default now with embedded subs, since that also effects rendering SRT and VobSubs in Matroska. So now it has been turned into a profile (look in config for more info) and is turned on by using '-profile libass' at the console.

Also in my quest for the perfect compile, I attempted a complete shared build with practically everything linked as a shared library. Damn that is alot of libs. As far as my meager testing has gone, it works perfectly. Hardly saves any space at all though, compare extracted filesizes. Let me know if you notice anything.
Download Shared Version Here 5.06 MiB r20400 Shared Madness

Also I will soon reveal my "Pras Bewton" MPlayer compiling script. Will help every newb and his mother easily build MPlayer on Windows....so long as they obey my every command!!!

da2ce7

• CCCP Plankton
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 10:58:35 PM »

Thankyou for this Mplayer Build, CCCP;  Mplayer is much more CPU efficient under my experiences,  this is needed, as my media PC isn’t exactly fast. PII (350mhz), hope it works.  Replace my mplayer pre7 custom build.

(Added)  Is there any way in mplayer to set subtitles in OGM and MKV to automaticaly played?

da2ce7

• CCCP Plankton
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:57:12 PM »

MPlayer windows file integration.
For some strange reason, MPlayer dose not bind itself to the ‘open with’ dialogue in windows 2000, XP, and 2003.
One quick and dirty solution to fix is to make a .bat file within the MPlayer dir with the following.

---play with mplayer.bat---
cd C:\Program Files\mplayer  (or your install dir)
mplayer.exe %1

Hope it helps.

otaku3230

• CCCP Sr. Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 01:08:24 AM »

I am having some proble with Mplayer: when i press the F key after it is in full screen it doesn't go back to smaller screen. i don't know why is that

Also, can you tell me is their any way  manually to make the screen 4:3 (full screen) aspect ratio  (the same file plays full screen 4:3 on zoom player but automatically it lower the screen to a smaller size on mplayer)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 18 queries.