CCCP Project Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: File Source (Async.)::Output  (Read 11830 times)

AVI playback problem

File Source (Async.)::Output
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:06:26 AM »

Trying to play an avi file when the following error message appeared:

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system.

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:
(click to show/hide)

I ran into a similar problem with some mp3, but found a fix for it in the LAV splitter settings.

Other avi's work. Any help would be most grateful.

(click to show/hide)

Xellon

• CCCP Sr. Lieutenant
  • Steins;Gate
Re: File Source (Async.)::Output
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 01:37:56 AM »

Hmm.. very strange your right. I played an mp3 and it didn't work, but then I tried playing others and it does work. That would suggest that some mp3's are using something besides mpeg audio? That can't be right.....

Either way, I think it means cccp is missing some codacs. The mp3's I have that don't work on MPC works on WMP.

what else is strange is when I disable mp3 in the lav audio settings, the tray icon still appears (mp3 is also unchecked in mpc). It shouldn't play anything but it is.

The one asking for help

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »

When I ran into the problem mp3 it did work in WMP normally before playing with LAV Splitter settings to get it to work in MPC-HC.
The avi however doesn't work in either player.
When I played with the LAV Splitter setting for avi, I got it to work for 5 seconds, but then the video froze and lagged MPC-HC until I closed it.

vekkth

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 01:29:04 AM »

I want to confirm this error with mp3 at least (also couldnt find a fix via settings). some mp3 play well while others return the above mentioned error.

JEEB

• Hoser The Third
  • Administrator
  • The Random Encoder
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 07:07:19 AM »

Hmm.. very strange your right. I played an mp3 and it didn't work, but then I tried playing others and it does work. That would suggest that some mp3's are using something besides mpeg audio? That can't be right.....

Either way, I think it means cccp is missing some codacs. The mp3's I have that don't work on MPC works on WMP.

I want to confirm this error with mp3 at least (also couldnt find a fix via settings). some mp3 play well while others return the above mentioned error.

Just for the record, WMP does not use DirectShow for the audio formats it supports out-of-box. So comparing to it is pretty much useless in this case. The Windows MP3 splitter isn't exactly great, and that is why some files work and some don't after we removed most of MPC-HC's internal filters in order to not have people erroneously enable them by using multiple MPC-HC builds (or in any other unintended way) as well as to have the MPC-HC build be smaller. Before MPC-HC would fall back onto its internal MP3 splitter in case the MS filter failed (it wasn't enabled, but its low-merit version would get used if nothing else "took in" the file). Another reason for the MPC-HC's internal filters removal was that the LAV Filters generally handle everything that MPC-HC's internal filters handled, so the general need for the internal filters as they are right now became rather small.

While CCCP generally does not recommend using DirectShow for raw audio streams that are not packed into a container (such as mp3 files, which are just raw MPEG-1 Layer 3 streams) and recommends the usage of proper audio players, you can have LAV Splitter take over on most systems by going to Start→Combined Community Codec Pack→Filters→LAV Splitter Settings→Input Formats and then checking the 'mp3' checkbox (except for Windows XP, where the merit of the MS MP3 splitter is rather high IIRC).

And since a surprisingly large amount of people actually were trying to play raw MP3 streams with MPC-HC, we are looking into ways to retain as small as possible binary size while still enabling Gabest's MP3 splitter or so in the MPC-HC build so that we would once again have a fallback from the MS filter without having to enable anything else in the DShow system itself.

Rabih

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 03:56:10 AM »

Trying to play an avi file when the following error message appeared:

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system.

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:
(click to show/hide)

I ran into a similar problem with some mp3, but found a fix for it in the LAV splitter settings.

Other avi's work. Any help would be most grateful.

(click to show/hide)

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 19 queries.