CCCP Project Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MPC - HC Lagging  (Read 6495 times)

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
MPC - HC Lagging
« on: May 26, 2012, 12:27:09 AM »

Basically I installed a new OS so I have to do everything from scratch. I downloaded CCCP with MPC-HC, and I also have CoreAVC 2.6. I'm trying to run a 1080p MKV video, and it lags. I'm not sure whether it has something to do with the video, audio or subtitles. All I know is that it works on my laptop (the karaoke doesn't work on the laptop, but everything else is fine no video lag) so I'm sure this computer can run it. It just has to do with settings and codecs and all that fun stuff. I'll attach an insurgent log. Thanks in advance.

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
Re: MPC - HC Lagging
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 01:59:41 AM »

Alright I'm making some progress.

I did some searching and found http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94213
So I changed the DirectShow Video to Haali Renderer from EVR Custom Pres.

The lagging problem fixed, but now the video starts at a smaller screen size (the video is 1080p) Before I switched it, when I started the video the player would pretty much fill the screen. After the switch it doesn't. Does the Haali Renderer lower the resolution or something?

Update: I tried a 10bit file. With EVR Custom it doesn't even run, with Haali it runs but with no video... joy...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:08:16 AM by vegasmazza3 »

Lord

• Ace Insurgent
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 02:16:14 AM »

The lagging problem fixed, but now the video starts at a smaller screen size (the video is 1080p) Before I switched it, when I started the video the player would pretty much fill the screen. After the switch it doesn't. Does the Haali Renderer lower the resolution or something?
It just suggests a smaller default size when it wouldn't fit on your screen. Just resize to whatever you want.

Update: I tried a 10bit file. With EVR Custom it doesn't even run, with Haali it runs but with no video... joy...
Make sure you're not trying to use your old coreavc there.

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:49:27 AM »

They both fit the screen, just with EVR is started out at the full 1080p, with Haali it starts smaller for some reason - I want to make sure Haali isn't degrading the quality. What's the difference between Haali and EVR Custom?

CoreAVC 2.6 doesn't do 10-bit? I'm assuming if I want 3.0, I'm going to have to pay again...
Edit: I checked the settings, it's set to LAV Video.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:51:32 AM by vegasmazza3 »

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 03:05:53 AM »

Uninstall CoreAVC. It often interferes even if it's not set to be used. Then try set LAV video again. Then confirm what is being used by doing step one below.

Regarding Haali Video renderer. As Lord said, Haali only suggests to the player to make the window smaller. Video quality is not degraded.

Personally, I would suggest you use 'EVR' if you can.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:09:32 AM by namaiki »
When asking for help, please do the following:
1. Open the video in MPC-HC and tell me what items are listed in the menu: 'Play-> Filters.'
Download the CCCP Insurgent and:
2. Tools > Media Information > "problem file"
3. Tools > Test Render > "problem file"
4. Tools > CRC Check > "problem file"
5. File > Save Log
6. Open the log you just saved in Notepad and copy the entire contents into your next post.

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 03:20:10 AM »

Uninstall CoreAVC. It often interferes even if it's not set to be used. Then try set LAV video again. Then confirm what is being used by doing step one below.

Regarding Haali Video renderer. As Lord said, Haali only suggests to the player to make the window smaller. Video quality is not degraded.

Personally, I would suggest you use 'EVR' if you can.

You're right CoreAVC was interfering. The 10-bit video works now.

What is the difference between Haali and EVR that would make you suggest to use it? Why would EVR Custom Pres. be the reason behind the lag. Also, there is also an EVR and EVR Sync? Did you mean to try just the plain "EVR"?

Edit: Tried the plain "EVR". It lags too although not as bad as EVR Custom Pres. - I can tell with this that the video and subtitles lag behind the audio.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:24:05 AM by vegasmazza3 »

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 06:19:57 AM »

Try update your video drivers. It seems the drivers you have don't like any form of EVR. If you don't want to do that, you can stick with Haali's Renderer but the colors are always slightly off - you probably won't notice.

Install the following to replace vsfilter to fix most karaoke subtitle lag: xy-vsfilter.googlecode.com
1. Open the video in MPC-HC and tell me what items are listed in the menu: 'Play-> Filters.'
5. File > Save Log
6. Open the log you just saved in Notepad and copy the entire contents into your next post.

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »

Karaoke subtitle works on the desktop.

My video driver is from Feb 2012, so I think that might be the most recent one.

Why are there so many options....?

The only difference between Haali and EVR is... possibly... a slight change in color?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:38:17 PM by vegasmazza3 »

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »

The only difference between Haali and EVR is... possibly... a slight change in color?
If I recall correctly, Haali's colours are slightly off when you feed it YUY2 due to a rounding error. Regardless of that Haali Video renderer seemed to have an orange colour tint the last time I used it (again, if I recall correctly) and there could be video stuttering in certain circumstances. Anyway, Haali's video renderer is fine for general use.
5. File > Save Log

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »

So any ideas why Haali works and EVR doesn't aside from the video driver? I have a GTX 280 card and like I said driver is from Feb 2012. They just released a new one three days ago apparently...

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »

Just the video driver or maybe some settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Not sure if it would help, but you could try run the Windows Experience Index. Not sure if it tunes EVR settings or anything like that.
5. File > Save Log

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »

I don't know if Nvidia control panel is on my computer :/

I ran the Windows Experience Index, but it just rated things. How could it "tune" the EVR Settings?
Also my score = 5.9, but that's because of the hard drive. Processor and ram are 7.2. Graphics and gaming graphics are 7.3.

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 02:13:14 AM »

The Nvidia control panel should be installed with the Nvidia graphics drivers.
5. File > Save Log

vegasmazza3

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »

I can't find it if it's there X_X. I might just update the driver to the one that came out a couple days ago, but I don't want it to screw things up...

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.