CCCP Project Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: update xy-VSFilter in your next release  (Read 6340 times)

egozi44

• DirectShow Mage
  • ummm... hhii.....
update xy-VSFilter in your next release
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:19 PM »

hi there, ~ long time (and i sure most of you happy about it :P)

anyways... guys you really need to update cccp.... it got to the extend that i must update  the xy-VSFilter for allmost any fansub group, if i don't do it the heavy KFX subtitles just lag the player.  also there's any chance that you can add MPC 64 bit version for people with 64 bit OS?

P.S is updating the xy-VSFilter  manually can harm /interrupt with the current CCCP codecs if  i use the instructions that provided here
http://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/#Install
?

do it mess up the registrys?
(i know it unrelate to "suggestions" but i really don't want to open new post for this little question... can you plz answer it here as well?)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:01:43 PM by egozi44 »

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
Re: update xy-VSFilter in your next release
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

For now you can use the instructions provided on the xy-vsfilter page to install it. It doesn't conflict with anything.

also there's any chance that you can add MPC 64 bit version for people with 64 bit OS?
No, and for that matter xy-vsfilter won't work with any 64-bit media player either. Just use the included 32-bit Media Player Classic Home Cinema. At the moment there are no benefits to using a 64-bit media player.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:07:42 PM by namaiki »
When asking for help, please do the following:
1. Open the video in MPC-HC and tell me what items are listed in the menu: 'Play-> Filters.'
Download the CCCP Insurgent and:
2. Tools > Media Information > "problem file"
3. Tools > Test Render > "problem file"
4. Tools > CRC Check > "problem file"
5. File > Save Log
6. Open the log you just saved in Notepad and copy the entire contents into your next post.

Lenmaer

• CCCP Colonel
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:05:36 AM »

I agree, CCCP needs to be updated. Not only for xy-VSFilter but also for FFDSHOW and LAV, they're both outdated now. And the FFDSHOW from current CCCP has some issues that were fixed in the latest versions.

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:21:16 AM »

From what I understand, new CCCP builds will come out after some changes to the CCCP Settings application.
When asking for help, please do the following:
1. Open the video in MPC-HC and tell me what items are listed in the menu: 'Play-> Filters.'
Download the CCCP Insurgent and:
2. Tools > Media Information > "problem file"
3. Tools > Test Render > "problem file"
4. Tools > CRC Check > "problem file"
5. File > Save Log
6. Open the log you just saved in Notepad and copy the entire contents into your next post.

egozi44

• DirectShow Mage
  • ummm... hhii.....
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:33 AM »

For now you can use the instructions provided on the xy-vsfilter page to install it. It doesn't conflict with anything.

also there's any chance that you can add MPC 64 bit version for people with 64 bit OS?

No, and for that matter xy-vsfilter won't work with any 64-bit media player either. Just use the included 32-bit Media Player Classic Home Cinema. At the moment there are no benefits to using a 64-bit media player.

i see thanks as always mate = )

just one question though..  do i need to completely delete the xy-vsfilter's registrys too? or i can just skip it ,replace the dll and  re-register the filters just like this line said:

"CCCP Codec Pack Users: Download xy-VSFilter and replace the VSFilter.dll found in the CCCP Filters directory. Open the CCCP Settings application and enable 'Re-register Filters' on the second page and click Apply. This will cause CCCP to silently reinstall VSFilter with regsvr32. If you ever run into problems running xy-VSFilter with CCCP, we recommend you run 'Reset All Settings' from the CCCP Settings application as your first troubleshooting step before reporting a bug."  ?   he said that 'Re-register Filters' in cccp settings will silently reinstall VSFilter with regsvr32.

From what I understand, new CCCP builds will come out after some changes to the CCCP Settings application.

just hope that it won't ruin anything and stop work with half of my programs like last time.. ;\
i agree that you need to wait a bit though... only a bit xD  cause xy-VSFilter beta version fixed a few bugs... and it probably will come out soon so it be the best to wait for it : P

so far i only had issue with the KFX subtitles in the new cccp... improvement are always welcome .. as long as they don't ruin anything xD
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:39:36 AM by egozi44 »

Lenmaer

• CCCP Colonel
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »

just one question though..  do i need to completely delete the xy-vsfilter's registrys too? or i can just skip it ,replace the dll and  re-register the filters just like this line said:

"CCCP Codec Pack Users: Download xy-VSFilter and replace the VSFilter.dll found in the CCCP Filters directory. Open the CCCP Settings application and enable 'Re-register Filters' on the second page and click Apply. This will cause CCCP to silently reinstall VSFilter with regsvr32. If you ever run into problems running xy-VSFilter with CCCP, we recommend you run 'Reset All Settings' from the CCCP Settings application as your first troubleshooting step before reporting a bug."  ?   he said that 'Re-register Filters' in cccp settings will silently reinstall VSFilter with regsvr32.

I renamed the original dll to vsfilter.dll.bak (it's good to have a backup), copied the new one from xy-VSFilter and used CCCP settings to re-register it.
It worked perfectly like that.

egozi44

• DirectShow Mage
  • ummm... hhii.....
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 10:53:37 AM »

thanks for the help Lenmaer  = )

i actually done it allready and saw that everything works ok some days ago, but just wanted to be sure... before i may encounter unexpected bugs/ errors.

thanks for inform me that i done everything right so far :)

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.