CCCP Project Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Threaded-VSFilter Dev Thread  (Read 30397 times)

TheRyuu

• CCCP Ensign
Re: Threaded-VSFilter Dev Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 02:39:32 AM »

Ran into a seg fault~ :(
what you need to make it crash.

Easiest way to reproduce it (if you don't want to download 500MB worth of shitty anime):
1.) Install fonts (no idea if it happens without them)
2.) Load script into aegisub which is using threaded-vsfilter (svn r76).
3.) Load dummy video (Video->Use dummy video) 1920x1080 in size (it's an option in the dropdown), 23.976fps, 40000 frame length (all would be defaults except for the video size).
4.) Select line 510.
5.) Hit play and wait for crash in 3 seconds

Upon seg fault call stack points to line 1728 in Rasterizer.cpp (probably super unhelpful information).  From what I can tell some null pointers start to show up but I couldn't track down the problem (more of me being useless).

If you need anything else let me know.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:17:12 PM by TheRyuu »

taulin

• CCCP Sr. Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 02:27:42 PM »

i found a bug, but its also in the 2.40.3466 release i have, perhaps you can fix it up in yours though

when a \q2 tag (http://docs.aegisub.org/manual/ASS_Tags#Wrap_style) is placed on a line more than about 240 characters long vsfilter faults and causes an mpc-hc crash if pre-buffer subpictures is above 0, if pre-buffer subpictures is set to 0 then the video freezes but the audio keeps going

i have watched this video before, so the bug must have come in on a "recent" vsfilter update

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »

@TheRyuu:
"Fixed" in the latest revision (r77). I'm not really sure what the original intent of the mpc-hc code was that caused the crash in my builds, but hopefully I haven't inadvertently broken something else. Also, that script you gave me has horrible performance when doing that crazy 3D rotation stuff at the point where the crash was occurring so I have even more stuff to profile >.<. Why are all softsub typesetters insane? That stuff should be hardsubbed!

@taulin:
Provide me a script that reliably causes the crash and I'll see what I can do.

TheRyuu

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21:50 PM »

@TheRyuu:
"Fixed" in the latest revision (r77). I'm not really sure what the original intent of the mpc-hc code was that caused the crash in my builds, but hopefully I haven't inadvertently broken something else. Also, that script you gave me has horrible performance when doing that crazy 3D rotation stuff at the point where the crash was occurring so I have even more stuff to profile >.<. Why are all softsub typesetters insane? That stuff should be hardsubbed!

I believe the technical term is softsubbing faggots.

Relevant:
04:29 < JEEB> well, softsubbing stuff is not bad by definition
04:30 < JEEB> but "lol making softsubs that don't play well for anyone"
04:30 < JEEB> is just dumb IMHO
04:30 < JEEB> ( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \

gommorah you need to get on irc bro.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:30:22 PM by TheRyuu »

taulin

• CCCP Sr. Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 01:37:50 AM »

Provide me a script that reliably causes the crash and I'll see what I can do.
http://www.mediafire.com/?i5k9eawiibmbt29
the line in this does it reliably for me, just rename it to match the file name of any video in the same directory to auto-load it (so long as you have it set like that)

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 09:01:24 AM »

If anyone has machines with a dual or triple core processor, please test STB4 with subtitles that have alpha blending and report if there any visual glitches.

twc

• CCCP Plankton
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »

If anyone has machines with a dual or triple core processor, please test STB4 with subtitles that have alpha blending and report if there any visual glitches.

On my Core 2 Duo T7250, I can verify that transparent border outlines, shadows, and text work. Fades also work, but I have not tested \t(\alpha).

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »

On my Core 2 Duo T7250, I can verify that transparent border outlines, shadows, and text work. Fades also work, but I have not tested \t(\alpha).
Thanks for testing. Let me know if you see anything weird with the untested tags.

In all honesty, I don't know why there aren't visual glitches with the multithreaded alpha blending (and no, it's not a race condition, it's just some index calculations that I don't think should work, but do), but I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth :P. People with triple and hexa core processors should similarly double check that alpha blending hasn't suddenly broken.

On a logistical note, I'm back in school again with what looks to be a very busy year ahead, which unfortunately means that I won't have much, if any, time to work on this project. Once I'm fairly confident that all the changes made by STB4 haven't broken playback, I'll make a final stable build and post it, at which point the project should be considered on hiatus. There are still some performance issues I would like to investigate so threaded-vsfilter is by no means dead, but I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon. Apologies to Lord and taulin as I won't be able to look into the issues you guys wanted me to for a long while. The only exception to this is if threaded-vsfilter crashes in cases where MPC-HC's VSFilter does not; in those cases, please report them here and I will try to address them ASAP (and if you can model the report after TheRyuu's or Kyon's, that would be much appreciated).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:24:02 PM by gommorah »

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »

Temporarily off hiatus to try and finish up the caching system I started a while back after seeing xy do it in his VSFilter fork. Report any crashes encountered.

TheRyuu

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »

Temporarily off hiatus to try and finish up the caching system I started a while back after seeing xy do it in his VSFilter fork. Report any crashes encountered.

Well I did have two crashes to report but it seems one of them was fixed with your latest string of commits after coming back.  Didn't fix the other one I was getting though.  I wish this was reproducible in aegisub but it's not (the other one was, but that got fixed).  There does seem to be a simple way to reproduce the crash.  Using r101 (latest as of writing this) along with cccp (haali, mpc-hc, ffdshow) and with pre-buffering set to 10 with animation allowed (checked on).  Start playing the video then right click haali and chose the (regular) english subtitles.  This crash doesn't not occur if buffering is set to 0.

Sorry about the file being a little big.
vsfiltermt-crash.mkv

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »

Added P010/P016 support. Can't fall behind xy too much now can I? :P Just needs to be generally tested so do your worst.

NB: If the video renderer doesn't support P010/P016 input, but does support YV12, threaded-VSFilter will force the decoder to output YV12. This is a total hack so that people who don't know better won't complain about subs not showing up when they try to use P010 output with Overlay Mixer or something. This behavior may get changed in the future because I'm pretty sure I'm doing something bad (LAV still thinks its connected to VSFilter using P010 output when it's actually outputting YV12). As far as I know, madVR is the only renderer that supports P010/P016 input.

@TheRyuu:
Thanks for reporting. I'll look into that ASAP.

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 06:43:22 PM »

@TheRyuu:
I think I fixed the crash you were getting with subpic prebuffering enabled. Try the latest revision.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:01:33 PM by gommorah »

TheRyuu

• CCCP Ensign
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »

@TheRyuu:
I think I fixed the crash you were getting with subpic prebuffering enabled. Try the latest revision.

Seems to have fixed it.

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »

Latest build significantly improves performance for SFW-Chihiro's Dance in the Vampire Bund 01. It is now playable for me with without prebuffering (not that you should be using threaded-VSFilter without prebuffering enabled). UTW Fate-Zero should see some minor performance improvement as well due to some additional multithreading of alpha blending operations.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:57:22 PM by gommorah »

gommorah

• DirectShow Mage
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »

Uploaded final test build with two crash fixes. Please test for crashes or regressions. Once this is stabilized, stable version will be posted and project will be on hiatus again due to school work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.