CCCP Project Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shortcut to switch between Standard-Minimal and Auto-dock  (Read 2685 times)

sakana

• CCCP Plankton
Shortcut to switch between Standard-Minimal and Auto-dock
« on: July 20, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »

I'm happy enough with what you've given us. But since you're asking... ;)

Shortcuts:

I just use one media player, that's MPC. Easy to use, simple and fast. Work and watch movies at the same time, thus I find it a stylish benefit having the Zoom shortcuts. The Preset option from Toolbar is there, and would be a great feature to have a simple and easy to remember shortcut to switch between Standard and Minimal Preset.

A mouse-click is not good enough for some, thus perhaps ability to re-map some of the Toolbar sub-menus that have not yet been given shortcut?

Fullscreen-only Mouse-right-click Options

Every time when watching movies in full-screen, I would be on the bed or couch a few meters away from keyboard, no wireless keyboard/mouse :(, and controlling the media using iPod via badtooth or home WiFi. But looking at the mouse-right-click options from a few meters away is a bit challenging. Thus, would be a great comfort to have simplified media playback menu and larger mouse-right-click fonts or buttons ONLY when in full-screen.

Auto-Docks:

Last but not least, would be nice to have the auto-dock to screen edges.

And if you're feeling geeky about it... ability to minimize to that edge (X,Y position) leaving a tiny handle to restore back when click 30x10 pixels (top or bottom) or 10x30 pixels (left or right). ==> Imagine having multiple handles hanging on the screen edges where you can simply pull and watch, or watch multiple at the same time... this highly benefits if you have several favorite movie clips (uh-oh, nudge nudge wink wink) that you wanna have quick access.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:41:45 AM by sakana »

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
Re: Shortcut to switch between Standard-Minimal and Auto-dock
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »

shortcut to switch between Standard and Minimal Preset
I'm a bit confused. What is the difference to what you are asking for and the "1" and "3" keys on the keyboard?
When asking for help, please do the following:
1. Open the video in MPC-HC and tell me what items are listed in the menu: 'Play-> Filters.'
Download the CCCP Insurgent and:
2. Tools > Media Information > "problem file"
3. Tools > Test Render > "problem file"
4. Tools > CRC Check > "problem file"
5. File > Save Log
6. Open the log you just saved in Notepad and copy the entire contents into your next post.

sakana

• CCCP Plankton
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:26:39 AM »

Mama Mia! You are right, and that is excellent.
I know I saw the Alt-1 to 3 for the zoom, but how on earth could I miss that 1-3 buttons for the presets?
How long have these shortcuts been there?--Silly, silly me--I have failed as an intelligent being.
You're a lifesaver--Thanks!

Lord

• Ace Insurgent
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:39 AM »

Probably much longer than mpc-hc exists at least. They're also configurable, like all other keys.

Thus, would be a great comfort to have simplified media playback menu and larger mouse-right-click fonts or buttons ONLY when in full-screen.
Exactly what are you looking for in there at all? Most things should be available in the key settings, where you should be able to just setup your remote thing to do them each directly.

Last but not least, would be nice to have the auto-dock to screen edges.
I'm quite sure something like that is in the options too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:25:41 AM by Lord »

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.