CCCP Project Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: About subtitle resolution  (Read 522 times)

blitzmach

• CCCP Plankton
About subtitle resolution
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »

Hello!

I wanna ask something about subtitle resolution. I have recently reinstalled Windows on my laptop and it my previous installation of CCCP and its settings are gone. I'm a rather picky person when it comes to quality, so I played with CCCP configurations until the subtitles on MKV files (I use MPC-HC and CCCP mainly for watching fansubbed anime) still look sharp even after I go fullscreen. My monitor's resolution is 1920x1080 but I mostly watch 720p anime and before I played with the settings whenever I go fullscreen the subtitles would look rather blurry, kind of zoomed-in. Now, I have reinstalled CCCP again and it seems that I can't remember how to set the configurations so that the subtitles will look sharp in fullscreen.

I have read some guides and played with the filters, internal subtitle renderer on MPC-HC, etc, and nothing works but one: the only way to make the subtitles look sharp is to double the resolution in DirectVobsub settings. It works fine, but the problem is it will play my 720p videos like they're 1080p so my whole monitor is covered. Again, I'm a picky person and sometimes I don't want to watch in fullscreen, but it seems that I cannot resize my MPC-HC window to 720p anymore.

It's been bugging me for a while. I really forgot my settings back then, and it looks like I downloaded a bunch of files in the past (you know, out of curiosity) and I don't know which one that caused the sub to look sharp.

The subtitles are mainly ass/ssa. Tried to change the resolution in MPC-HC internal subtitle renderer settings but it didn't work. Anyone can help me? Any help is appreciated! :)

(sorry if my English sounds weird. Not a native.)

namaiki

• Nomenklatura
Re: About subtitle resolution
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:17:39 PM »

Enable MPC-HC internal subtitle renderer: View-> Options-> Playback-> Auto-load subtitles (make sure that you are using a supported video renderer. evr-cp is acceptable.). Possibly install xysubfilter.
When asking for help, please do the following:
1. Open the video in MPC-HC and tell me what items are listed in the menu: 'Play-> Filters.'
Download the CCCP Insurgent and:
2. Tools > Media Information > "problem file"
3. Tools > Test Render > "problem file"
4. Tools > CRC Check > "problem file"
5. File > Save Log
6. Open the log you just saved in Notepad and copy the entire contents into your next post.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 13 queries.