New CCCP Win Vista - Win 7 - Win 8.x Release! (2014-07-13)
Somewhat overtime, but a new release - code name "Manatsu" (Midsummer) - has been released. As always, it contains fixes and optimizations found and done during the last release cycle.! Known Issue !
Due to file parsing optimization done in xy-VSFilter, reading of external subtitle files that are not saved as unicode is borked by default in CCCP, and non-ASCII symbols will get broken in this case. As a workaround, if you tend to play such files, it is recommended that you enable the internal subtitle renderer in MPC-HC (View→Options→Playback→Use the built-in subtitle renderer
This bug was never noticed by any of the CCCP crew, or the testers, until very late in the release cycle, and thus it was chosen that the release would be done with this known issue instead of either waiting more, or suddenly switching binaries around.
The plan is to have a new release soon'ish after this, and until then the workaround should be enough.
- Updated components:
- LAV Filters 0.62.0.0-a731178
- MPC-HC 1.7.6 (master@ebc29cf)
- xy-VSFilter 3.0.0."305" (git 7f6a318)
- General change log:
- MPC-HC no longer crashes during quick seeks with PGS subpictures when the internal subtitle renderer was used. Did not affect CCCP defaults.
- Anamorphic ASS is now handled correctly in the internal subtitle renderer. This is one of the oldest standing bugs there were regarding the ISR, and we all thank kasper93 for the effort he put into fixing this after Daemon404 successfully trolled people regarding it.
- The Play→Filters filter listing can now be easily copied to the clipboard, there is now a button for that in the top of the listing.
- UI language selection has been moved to the options in MPC-HC.
- Minor fixes and improvements in general.
- PGS subpicture parsing improved in LAV Splitter.
- LAV Video now supports VP7 video (for the two of you out there with samples).
- LAV Video can now use the Media Foundation WMV9 decoder instead of the old DMO decoder.
- FFmpeg used in LAV now uses native win32 threads instead of a pthreads wrapper.
- Various fixes included in the updated FFmpeg.
- VirtualDub library has been updated.
- Various ASS parsing improvements by Plorkyeran. These also remove the A (ANSI/non-unicode code page) Windows API usage, which also breaks non-unicode subtitle parsing. As noted, MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer should be used instead in case you play such files.
- Loading of UUEncoded fonts from ASS files is fixed.
- A possible out-of-bounds array access was fixed. This has been in the code for more than a year, and no-one noticed it. It seems that no-one has subtitle files with UTF-8 data that end up in this area of glyphs (or the rest of the code actually makes the bug impossible to happen).
- Vobsub fixes that replace the old MPC-BE hackfix. Should lead to similar results as with the old hackfix, unfortunately. In MPC-HC these changes actually add proper fadein/-out.